Tuesday 31 January 2012

Last week I was in the nursing home once again, and was shadowing the personal carer whom was leading a lady with a dog around to the residents. It was great to see everyone’s different reactions, some seemed delighted!
Last weekend I was up in London and whilst browsing the stalls in Camden found a copy of Freud’s ‘On Psychopathology’ which I am now dipping into every evening.  There are translation issues in places, and so it is proving a tough read, but I’m determined to soak up as much as I can from it... I’m finding it useful to pick up the scientific terminology used. I’m keen to get my hands on other medical related books so I can absorb as much as possible - this week with any luck, I should receive my first Student BMJ which I am excited about; will be useful to keep up with the latest medical news without keeping a constant beady eye on the BBC Health website!

I’m starting to gather information for my stem cells research project which I will begin to summarise here soon. I’m finding it incredible how quickly this area of science is developing; it seems almost weekly I am able to find another new article examining its latest progression! The paper is to be of approximately 3,000 words in length, and if deemed good will be graded published by Medlink. Also hope to catch Junior Doctors at some point, which is always an eye opener! That’s a quick update for now, more will follow suite! 

No comments:

Post a Comment